THE 7 STEPS TO A WINDSHIELD REPLACEMENT
- The vehicle is prepared: The vehicle’s body and interior are covered by a protective layer.
- Wipers are removed: We do so to ensure the smooth removal of the windshield.
- The damaged glass is removed: We remove all debris and excess glue from the windshield recess.
- The new windshield is prepared: The windshield frame and new windshield both get a coat of primer. Bonding glue is then applied for flawless adhesion.
- The new windshield is installed: The replacement windshield is installed with the use of exclusive, certified equipment and tools.
- Drying: A minimum of 60 minutes is required for the new windshield to set.
- Cleaning: The new windshield undergoes a deep cleaning to return to its original appearance.
Rock chips can be a hassle, but they don’t always have to mean a total windshield replacement. If you catch a rock chip early enough, our trained technicians can fill it in for a fraction of the cost of a new windshield. This not only saves you money, it can prevent the spread of cracks, which helps extend the life of your current windshield. Wondering if rock chip repair is covered by insurance? Many vehicle policies offer coverage at no additional cost to you. Simply bring us your policy for more details.
If We Can’t Repair it?
Certified Collision Centre is proud to replace windshields on all makes of vehicles. We know that not all auto glass is created equal, which is why we only use DOT-certified glass when replacing your windshield. DOT-certified glass is stronger, which helps preserve the structural integrity of your vehicle. Although there is a slight increase in cost, it’s also much less likely to chip or crack, and provides better protection in the event of a collision.